The Harker School’s three divisions – lower, middle and upper – are on three distinct campuses. We offer a variety of transportation options for K-12 students to help our busy families around the greater Bay Area. Harker also provides a shuttle to athletic teams for their away games.
During this time of COVID-19 we have halted our transportation programs. We are continually evaluating and will reinstitute shuttle and bus services as we can. Please refer to this flyer for our current plans.
Our campuses are connected by a free morning and evening intercampus shuttle. This provides the convenience for our families of dropping off and picking up all of your children at one campus; we’ll drive them to their respective campuses. Students K-12 may ride this shuttle.
As a service to our families, Harker provides bus service from the Peninsula, other South Bay locations when resources are available, and the Santa Clara Caltrain Station. The service runs Monday through Friday on all dates in which school is in session, with some exceptions that are announced each school year. Fees range from $6.75 to $9.75 per ride and vary depending on the route, a.m. and p.m. service and how many days a week the service is used. Fees are billed monthly and are based on the actual number of days your child rides per week.
- 7:08 a.m.: first morning pickup, at 3282 Alpine Road, Portola Valley, CA 94028
- 7:20 a.m.: second pickup point, at the Foothill College VTA stop nearest the main campus entrance.
- 7:35 a.m.: arrival at the Blackford campus. Lower school students remain on the bus and should arrive at Bucknall by 7:50 a.m. Upper school students transfer to an intercampus shuttle and arrive on that campus by 7:50 a.m.
- 3:20, 3:45, 4 p.m.: early afternoon bus service departs from the Saratoga, Blackford and Bucknall campuses. Arrival time at Lincoln Park, 199 University Avenue, Los Altos, 94022 is 4:20 p.m.
- 5:15, 5:30, 5:40 p.m.: late afternoon bus service departs from the Bucknall, Blackford and Saratoga campuses. Arrival time at Lincoln Park, 199 University Avenue, Los Altos, 94022, is 5:55 p.m.
- 6:55 a.m.: pickup at 474 Piercy Road.
- 7:35 a.m.: arrival at the Blackford campus. Lower school students will be escorted and transferred to the intercampus shuttle for arrival there at 7:50 a.m. Upper school students will transfer to an intercampus shuttle and arrive at the upper school by 7:50 a.m.
- There is no afternoon return service from Harker to Silver Creek.
- 7:05 a.m.: pickup at James Leitch Elementary School, 47100 Fernald Avenue, Fremont, 94539.
- 7:35 a.m.: arrival at the Saratoga campus. Students traveling to Blackford or Bucknall will remain on the bus for their transport to those campuses, arriving Blackford at 7:49 a.m. and Bucknall at 8:05 a.m.
- 4:40, 4:50, 5:15 p.m. afternoon bus service departs from Saratoga, Blackford and Bucknall campuses. Arrival time at James Leitch Elementary School is 6:15 p.m.
Harker parents are encouraged to reach out to other parents to arrange car pools to and from school and after-school activities outside of Harker to support our sustainability efforts as a community. We are proud to partner with CarpooltoSchool to make planning easy and convenient for families.
We provide student parking for our upper school students in a space-available program, with seniors earning first priority. We facilitate transport from the middle school campus for all those upper school student drivers who are unable to park on campus during any given semester.