Summer Institute Middle School
Morning and afternoon options allow students to focus on favorite academic subjects.
Flexible options allow students to focus on one area – academics, arts, athletics or activities – or mix and match all four to create a wide range of summer experiences. The core two-week academic classes combine with arts, athletics and activities in a variety of ways, so students can build a summer filled with all the things they want to do.
Afternoon Program (AP)
Our afternoon Activity Program (AP) is a great way for middle school students to learn some cool new skills, meet and hang with new and old friends, discover hidden talents and have loads of fun during their summer afternoons.
- Led by our awesome summer staff!
- Offered between 12:45-3:45 p.m. each day. Bonus hour is included in the afternoon fun from 4-5 p.m. (campus closes at 5:30 p.m.)
- Can be chosen on a weekly basis, and students may sign up for one week or all six weeks.
Students choose from a wide range of recreational options including:
- Large- and small-group events, games and contests.
- Activity workshops based on weekly themes.
- Specialty classes based on interests each week, including arts, games, various sports skills, crafts, cooking, science tech and more.
- Library or study time.
Add AP to your schedule to round out your academic day and add some crazy amazing fun to your summer!
Our afternoon sports camps offer a positive, skill-focused environment where highly experienced coaches provide training in a well-structured, character-driven atmosphere. Young athletes will improve their skills and knowledge of the game, develop teamwork and, of course, have fun! Students of all skill levels may participate and groups will be organized for maximum participation and play.
Included in each camp (as applicable) will be:
- Sport specific conditioning and warmups
- Sport specific drills and skill development
- Team play (large and small teams)
- Game strategy
- Individual instruction and support
Choose sports camps by week, as an addition to your morning academic class, or as an afternoon-only option.
Aquatics camps take place on the upper school campus on Saratoga Ave. Students will be transported by Harker school bus to the Saratoga campus and returned to the Blackford Ave. campus each day.
Sports camps meet from 12:45-3:45 p.m. Monday-Friday. All game equipment is provided. Individual safety or sport-specific items may be required. More details will be sent before your session begins. Bonus hour from 4-5 p.m., planned by our summer staff, are included in your sports camp tuition. Campus close at 5:30 p.m.
Lunch is included in all morning classes. Lunch can be added as an option for afternoon classes and sports camps. Regular and vegetarian entrees are offered each day and menus are designed to provide healthy, nutritious options.
Outstanding faculty and staff are one of the hallmarks of The Harker School. All staff are carefully selected to provide a positive experience for the students.