Safety & Security
Providing a safe, secure and nurturing environment for all members of our school community is a top priority at Harker. Our safety and security measures help ensure the well-being of your child.
All of our security professionals are Harker employees rather than contracted staff, and their mission is to protect the community. Each of our security employees is certified in CPR, first aid and AED. In addition to on-staff personnel, our security measures include:
- school day foot patrol and mobile patrols
- surveillance cameras
- after-hours escorts
- 24-hour emergency response
- security staffing at all evening and weekend events
- traffic management (pedestrian and vehicle)
Our commitment to the safety of our students is shared by all of our faculty and staff. Our safety measures include the following:
- All employees are fingerprinted before hiring.
- All employees wear identification badges.
- All guests must sign in and wear a name badge while on campus.
- All employees who work directly with children are required to be certified in CPR, first aid and AED. We conduct official certification training on-site.
- We hold annual safety drills for fire, earthquake, intruder on campus, and shelter in place (poisonous gas in air) on each campus.