Capital Fund Matching Gift Challenge
One of our most important strategic initiatives is to enhance the middle school experience. Relocating our middle school students to a state-of-the-art campus will help that community establish a unique sense of identity and increase its school spirit and sense of pride – all of which will help our middle school students to thrive.
Owning this middle school campus, rather than leasing, is an important step in our expansion plan, and allows us the control to create the best and most customized spaces for our students.
In addition, the Capital Fund will be used to help acquire and develop the new Boynton Ave. campus for middle and upper school students by providing additional, much needed, space for athletics and auxiliary programs. And the campus will also be the home of our transitional kindergarten program.
Matching Gift ChallengeFor families making a 125th Anniversary Gift Initiative gift, the amount given/pledged to the capital fund will be matched dollar for dollar by Neil Mehta '02 and his wife, Jasheen, with a gift to the Mehta Endowment in Support of Scholarships and Entrepreneurship up to $5 million.
Relocating and Building Our New Middle School Campus
- Promoting greater collaboration, creativity and exploration
- Enabling social interaction and promoting social growth
- Uplifting spirits with an aesthetically pleasing environment
For the students: Let’s make it happen!
New Campus Features
- Two-story classroom building with 39,000 square feet of flexible learning space and 37 classrooms
- 9,000-square-foot multipurpose room/theater complex
- 11,200-square-foot gymnasium and locker room complex
- Large central sports field for sports and open gathering space
- Centralized multiuse spaces designed specifically for middle school-aged students
- Learning, innovation & design center with robotics lab
- Student activity and counseling center
Capital Fund News
Giving to The Harker School:
Why Capital Giving
Capital improvement projects are a powerful opportunity for you to support the bricks and mortar that make an enduring investment in Harker students. Each capital project furthers our mission to develop lifelong learners and well-rounded global citizens.
Capital improvements benefit the school in many ways:
- Strengthen robust programs and extracurricular activities with well-equipped, safe facilities that inspire our students and teachers to reach their full potentials.
- Support strategic and financial goals by retaining exceptional faculty and coaches and driving down operating costs.
- Ensure our students – tomorrow’s leaders – can grow and thrive as they discover their passions here at Harker.
Capital Giving: Cornerstones of Success Campaign
Capital improvement projects are a powerful opportunity for you to support the bricks and mortar that further our mission to develop lifelong learners and well-rounded global citizens. The Cornerstones of Success Campaign is a multi-year, multi-phase campaign, funding our expansion, and supporting our position as a pre-eminent Silicon Valley school.
Right now, we are raising funds to build a gym, a performing arts center and place for student activities on our upper school campus. Our current fundraising stage – the “Let’s Make it Happen” phase – encourages all families to make an impact with their capital gifts.
We are thankful for the amazing support the Harker community showed in the first phases of our campaign, which included the successful transformation of our beautiful, expansive preschool campus and construction of our innovative science and technology center, Nichols Hall. We recognize our donors in our annual report, on our donor walls and on permanent plaques here on campus.
Learn more about giving at Harker us.
Kimberly Lobe, director of advancement, at 408.345.9235, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristina Alaniz, alumni relations director, at 408.345.9264, or email@example.com.
Joe Rosenthal, executive director strategic initiatives, at 408.345.9266, or firstname.lastname@example.org.