The Harker School’s mission is to bring out the best in our students – in academic, extracurricular and personal domains – so that they can make a positive difference in the world. The combined efforts of our donors each year offer our students more robust opportunities inside and outside the classroom, and we are very grateful for their generous support.
Every aspect of Harker is touched by annual giving, including:
- academics and our comprehensive curriculum
- robust athletics, arts and extracurricular programs
- leading-edge library and informational technology services
- professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
Giving to The Harker School:
Why Annual Giving
Harker is a nonprofit, independent school that educates 2,000 students, from preschoolers to high school seniors. Our goal is to offer our students an outstanding education that includes broad class offerings and robust extracurricular activities and electives.
A strong annual fund ensures the high quality education and comprehensive programs Harker students deserve. Tuition covers only part of a well-rounded Harker education, and annual giving fills the gap by supporting wide-ranging programs in the current school year.
Your annual gift support has a direct and immediate impact on school programs and services including:
- Athletics programs that offer formative and lifelong lessons on teamwork, leadership, respect and resiliency.
- Arts programs that inspire creative expression in our students, helping them to find their voices and build their confidence.
- Clubs where students can find their passions as they explore a wide variety of interests and activities.
- Library and instructional technology services that enrich our comprehensive curriculum and prepare our students for college and beyond.
Give to Annual Giving
Parents, faculty, staff, students and alumni form a close-knit bond here at Harker. Annual giving is a key component of our community partnership, involving every member of the Harker family.
We believe that every gift matters, no matter the size. We encourage parents to make a yearly gift to the annual fund, understanding that every family is able to contribute on different levels.
Parent participation in annual giving demonstrates support of Harker’s mission to outside funders, putting us in the best possible position to receive grants.
Learn more about annual giving:
- Learn how funds are spent.
- View the different annual giving gift clubs.
- How to plan your giving: Choose where to direct your gift, how to make your gift and learn about more giving opportunities.
- Donate now: Donate now or learn other ways to make your charitable gift.
- Participate in one of our fundraising events that directly supports the annual fund.
- Volunteer your time at one of our fundraising events and in a variety of other ways during the school year.