The Harker School offers students a world-class education, and we’re so grateful to our generous community for providing donations which help make it possible for 100 percent of our students to be accepted to the colleges, universities and conservatories of their choice. With programs from athletics to arts, dance to debate, STEM to service projects, we offer your children an experience here like no other, preparing them to meet the world on many levels.
In this 125th anniversary year, we recognize that Harker could not have become what it is, a world-renowned educational institution, without our strong tradition of philanthropy and the generosity of our donors. As alumni of the school, you have the opportunity to support your alma mater and participate in that legacy. By supporting the school with a gift to the Annual Giving Campaign you are securing the future of The Harker School for generations to come. Your donation will go directly to the general endowment. No gift is too small, and every gift matters.
Giving to The Harker School: A Tradition of Philanthropy
Charitable giving from Harker families - parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, staff and friends - has always shaped Harker and continues to provide top-notch opportunities and resources for our students, academics, programs and extracurricular activities.
There are many ways for you, your family or your company to support the school - from making a donation, participating in an event, supporting a fundraiser or volunteering your time.
Ways to Give
You may make a gift online using a credit card or via ACH (electronic check).
Gifts of Securities
Transfer stock by mailing or emailing your completed Transfer of Securities form. Please be sure to notify the advancement office when transferring securities, so that we may properly attribute gifts to their donors.
In-Kind Gifts of Tangible Personal Property
You may submit the in-kind gift proposal form to the in-kind gift acceptance committee for review. Once it is determined that we can accept the gift, we can make arrangements to receive the property and provide you with a letter of tax deductibility.
Give by Text
Text EAGLES to 56512.
Corporate matching gifts – Many companies have matching gift programs, in which they match an employee’s gift to a nonprofit organization. Check with your employer’s HR department or use our lookup tool to see if your company matches gifts.
How Gifts Are Recognized
Honor Roll of Donors
At the end of each school year, we print a list of our donors to the annual giving campaign, to recognize the generosity and commitment of our community.
Electronic Donor Walls
Each campus features a screen with a scrolling list of our donors for the current year.
Recognition and Thanks Website
We are very grateful for the charitable contributions we receive, which benefit all students, and we are happy to recognize our generous donors on our Recognition & Thanks website each year. Please note: You must be logged in to the Harker portal to access this website.
Learn how you can make a difference:
- Make a gift to help fund extraordinary student programs and extracurriculars like athletics and the arts, technology and library services. Annual Giving: Join The 125% Club.
- Support our capital improvements to create facilities that meet the needs of our programs and inspire our students. Learn more about capital giving.
- Invest in our students now and in future generations with endowment & planned giving.
- Participate in one of our fundraising events throughout the year.
- Volunteer your time at one of our fundraising events.
- Parents, faculty and staff: check your past donations by using our Giving History Tool.
Support from Businesses & Corporations
Businesses can support The Harker School and its mission in a number of ways:
- Corporate matching gifts – Many companies have matching gift programs, in which they match an employee’s gift to a nonprofit organization. Check with your employer’s HR department or use our lookup tool to see if your company matches gifts.
- Community business directory – Businesses may enroll to be listed in this directory, which is available to our community of parents and alumni.
- Support our fundraising events – the picnic , gala or golf classic – by sponsoring the events or donating an item for our auctions.
- Advertise in our student newspaper. Contact Ellen Austin for more information.