Kindergarten-age students participate in this program designed especially for them in Harker's Summer Camp Plus. KinderCampers have their own classrooms and materials, playgrounds, field trips, theme days and activity program. Play is important to camp and children will be given many opportunities to develop curiosity and creativity through monitored play experiences.
Familiar faces and secure surroundings help promote socialization skills and build confidence in our KinderCampers.
Sessions for KinderCampers in 2017 run June 26-July 21, July 24-Aug. 11.
KinderCampers have their own special academic schedule designed to prepare them for entering their kindergarten classes in the fall. Mornings are filled with academic readiness activities in language arts and math. Lessons are designed to include plenty of hands-on learning opportunities as the children explore math and language arts concepts. KinderCamp teachers give special care in introducing a classroom routine including listening skills, following directions, individual responsibility and more. Familiar faces and secure surroundings are high priorities in our efforts to promote socialization skills and to build self-esteem.
- Separate staff, space and program for kindergartners
- Diverse learning opportunities including hands-on activities, art and technology-based instruction
- Language arts skills including letter and sound recognition, vocabulary, oral communication
- Math activities teaching number recognition shapes, patterns, addition subtraction
- Campers are grouped by skills based on recommendations and report cards
- Concepts and skills taught at a level appropriate for each camper
Afternoon Activity Program
KinderCampers who remain for the afternoon program are involved in crafts, games, stories, music, special events and field trips. They also have swimming lessons and enjoy the opportunity to visit the archery range, dance room and the computer lab.
Lunch can be brought from home or purchased from the camp for the session.
Out 'n' About
1-Week Session | Aug. 1-5
Full Day (8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.): $675 | Partial Day (8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.): $600 | Lunch: $40
Campers will be divided into age groups (K-1, 2-3, 4-5) and will participate in a week full of age-appropriate games, lessons, activities and off-campus trips centered around service learning, team building, problem-solving and fun. Each group will have a specific theme project and goal for the week. They will make friends, learn skills, build confidence and leave with a greater understanding of the benefits of helping others!
Each group will take two field trips during the week related to their service projects. Trip schedule and specific service projects will be posted soon.
This will be a very special way for campers to end their summer!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30 Morning campfire: all groups meet in the gym, sing songs, play games and get set for the day
- 9:15 Grade-level lessons, activities and service project work
- 10:15 Recess and morning snack
- 10:45 Grade-level lessons, activities and service project work
- 11:45-12:45 Lunch/recess
- 12:45-2:45 Rotate through camp activities: each activity will teach or reinforce a skill or concept related to the theme project
- 2:45 Afternoon campfire, all groups meet
- 3:30 Partial-day campers head home, full-day campers have snack
- 3:45-4:45 Extra special interest activities
KinderCampers must be eligible to enter kindergarten in fall 2017 (5 years old by Dec. 1).
Outstanding faculty and staff are one of the hallmarks of The Harker School. All staff are carefully selected to provide a positive experience for the students.
Campus & Facilities
Our outstanding facilities support our elementary school-aged campers’ learning and growth, with a specially designated area just for our KinderCampers.