The Harker School's Bucknall Enrichment & Supervision Team (BEST) is currently seeking energetic and dedicated individuals to serve as Supervision Aides for students in Grades K - 5 for our Lower School Campus.
These non-exempt positions are part-time for the 2012-2013 academic school year which runs from August 30, 2012 through June 7, 2013. Training will begin August 24, 2012. Pay scale is based on experience but range from $10 - $14/hour. There are no benefits associated with this position. Shift schedules may vary based on applicant's availability but are typically Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 8:30 am, 11:45 am - 1:15 pm, and 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a positive environment for students to learn and develop life long skills.
- Supervise students in a non-academic setting that contributes to individual student development.
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of the children at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold current certification in both first aid and CPR or obtain certification within 1 month of employment.
- Must have prior experience working with children in a school or camp setting.
- Must possess the ability to communicate and work with groups of all age and skill levels, and provide necessary direction and instruction to students.
- Must have the ability to communicate in effective English with staff, parents, and children.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume as an attached word or PDF document to Miss Kim Coulter, Director of the Lower School Enrichment and Supervision Team. Please reference "Supervision Aide" in the subject line.