Summer Music Workshops
June 24-July 5, July 8-19, July 22-Aug. 2
8:30-11:30 a.m. | Bucknall Campus
Full day: $1,477
Partial day: $1,356
Morning only: $670
(June 24-July 5)
Full day: $1,328
Partial day: $1,223
Morning only: $605
Open to students entering grades 2-6 with at least one year of experience on violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, French horn, trombone, guitar, piano or percussion. A concert will be performed at the end of each session.
These two-week workshops offer instrumental students entering grades 2-6 the opportunity to explore making and understanding music, through exposure to music theory and composition, improvisation, ear training and singing and ensembles and full orchestral playing. A recording and printed score will be given to each student at the conclusion of each session.
- development of individual musicianship
- music theory
- improvisation and composition
- ear-training and sight-singing
||attendance and announcements
||music appreciation, music theory and music composition
||singing and ear training
||full ensemble rehearsal
- develop warm-up and practice techniques,
- study music theory, composition and improvisation with a final joint and individual composition being performed at the end-of-camp concert,
- explore general musicianship skills (sight-reading, ear-training), music theory and music appreciation, and
- work together and explore various repertoires that will include classical to jazz and beyond.
Music workshop students may attend morning only or add the camp afternoon program to create
a full-day experience.