Yield: 10-12 Servings
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag w/ Star Tip
- Potato Masher
- Cutting Board
- Large Pot of Boiling Water
- Teaspoons and Tablespoons
- Oven Set to 400ᵒF
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 large eggs (3 medium eggs)
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 7 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 3-7 tbsp cream (18% table cream works best)
- 2 tsp dried dill
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Smoked Paprika
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender (about 25 minutes); drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, separate the egg yolks from the whites, keeping only the yolks.
- Cool the potatoes for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Add in egg yolks and 7 tablespoons melted butter, dill, nutmeg, salt, and add in 3 tablespoons cream adding in more to achieve desired consistency (you might use up to 7 tablespoons cream).
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed to taste.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe the mixture into 12 mounds onto a large greased baking sheet(s).
- Melt the 1/3-1/2 cup butter and drizzle over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of paprika over each mound
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.