It’s that time of year when we start to gather gift donations for the many specialty and game booths at the family picnic. A wide variety of items are needed and the whole community gets involved in the giving. Our volunteers will be at events to collect your donations or you can drop off donations at the front office of each campus any time. Here's how it works:
- Check out the list of items needed.
- Purchase the items you'd like to donate (new items only, please).
- Place a sticker on the item with your name, student name, grade and address.
- Bring your item to the front desk OR
- If you will be attending one the events listed below, there will be volunteers ready to collect your donations.
Items we need:
- Toys for the “Children’s Wheel”
- Candy and treats for the “Sweets Wheel”
- Wine and wine accessories for the “Wine Wheel”
- $5 Gift cards for the “Teen Wheel”(AMC, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Amazon ...)
- Items for gift baskets
- Gift cards (restaurants, car wash, retail stores, spas …)
- Kitchen items (gadgets, cookbooks, towels, appliances …)
- Gardening items
- Toys (Legos, games, video games ...)
- Tickets to sporting events (Warriors, Sharks, A’s, Giants, 49ers, Raiders …)
- Tickets to go to the theater
- Golf items (gift certificate to courses, clubs, balls, tees, towels …)
- Large baskets
NO TIME TO SHOP?
We have created an Amazon Wish List for suggested items needed for the picnic. You can use this list for ideas when you are shopping or you can order directly from this list. You can also make a cash donation to our "Picnic Shopper Service" and our parent volunteers will purchase gifts perfect for the specialty booths. Checks made payable to The Harker School can be dropped off at the events listed below or in the main office at any time. Of course, any and all donations are welcome and will be used to create a fun-filled day for our picnicl!
- Aug. 25 MS Welcome Breakfast
- Aug. 28 Pre-School Orientation
- Aug. 28 Kindergarten Party
- Aug. 29 Lower School Orientation
- Aug. 30 K-5 Welcome Breakfast
- Sept. 1 Preschool Parent Welcome
- Sept. 1 Upper School Parent Welcome
- Sept. 7 Preschool Cottage Cookout
- Sept.13 Grades 4-5 Back to School Night
- Sept. 14 Grades 1-3 Back-to-School Night
- Sept. 15 Middle School Back-to-School Night
- Sept. 16 Upepr School Back-to-School Night
- Sept. 23 Homecoming
- Sept. 26 Kindergarten Back-to-School Night
- Sept. 28 Preschool Back-to-School Night